Task Force Submits Recommendations to Gov. Hogan
The Heroin and Opioid Emergency Task Force recently submitted an interim report to Governor Hogan. The report included 10 recommendations that can be immediately implemented and funding announcements.
The recommendations, which can be implemented at little or no cost to state agencies, are:
- Earlier and Broader Incorporation of Heroin and Opioid Prevention into the Health Curriculum
- Infusion of Heroin and Opioid Prevention into Additional Disciplines
- Heroin and Opioid Addiction Integrated into Service Learning Projects
- Student-Based Heroin and Opioid Prevention Campaign
- Video PSA Campaign
- Maryland Emergency Department Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- Maryland State Police Training on the Good Samaritan Law
- Maryland State Police Help Cards and Health Care Follow-Up Unit
- Faith-Based Addiction Treatment Database
- Overdose Awareness Week
To read the announcement and the full interim report, click here.